Student Council Election/Responsibilities
- Must have good behavior and work hard in class.
- Must campaign for office.
- Must write and present a campaign speech outlining why you should be elected.
- Must create posters, cards, etc. to promote campaign.
Optional Campaign Ideas:
- Create a TV commercial
- Create a slogan for your campaign
- 6th Grade—President and Vice President
- 7th Grade—President and Vice President
- 8th Grade—President, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer, At-Large Member
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Attend STUCO meetings
- Help with Snack Shop
- Additional duties as may arise
- Report to Mr. Turner, Mr. Isanda, Ms. Penelton and Dr. Shropshire
Dates for 2017/2018
- Announce Campaign info and rules – Aug 28, 2017
- Official campaigning – Aug 29, 2017 – Sept 6, 2017
- Speeches – Sept 6 – in the library during ROP
- Vote/election – Sept 7 in Mr. Isanda’s/Mr. Turner’s room during regular class periods
- Snack Shop Mondays & Wednesdays beginning Sept 11 2017 as from 2.30 pm
Meetings 1st and 3rd Mondays Beginning Sept 11th from 2.30 – 3:00 in Mr. Isanda’s room.